Salary: $14.00 /hour
Front Office Manager
Welcome to Alpine Lake Resort!
Join the Alpine Lake family and be a part of our team! We pride ourselves on excellent service and a warm, friendly atmosphere. Here at Alpine, we treat each employee, owner, and guest like we would a member of our own family, and we measure our success by our customer experience.
- Handles daily tasks and works with Front Desk and other Departmental Staff
- Coordinate front desk staff duties for the day and delegate tasks
- Greet and Check-in/out guests
- Provide support to the Front Desk staff to ensure compliance and accuracy in the execution of SOP
- Answer all phone calls promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information.
- Announce Resort greeting and assist callers
- Use Sales skills to gain reservations and manage existing reservation calls
- Verify correct information and provide exemplary customer service
- Reply to guest, peer, and vendor e-mails and leads
- Provide information & make recommendations to guests about local attractions, activities, restaurants, and more
- Effectively communicate with Department Heads and Peers
- Lead the front desk team in coaching, training, and utilizing the phone CRM system
- Call follow-ups, leads, compliance, and customer service training
- Accurately records cash, credit, and check transactions
- Open, secure, and balance out daily shift bank which involves counting and verifying cash, check, and credit card transactions occurring while on duty.
- Verifies room rates and charges across multiple platforms
- Resolve guest issues as they arise
- Assist guest to the best of your ability
- Provide solutions and meet Alpine Lake Resorts expectations of service
- Accurately record communications/notes in Reservation system
- Reports to the Director of Operations and performs additional tasks assigned as needed
- Provide a high level of customer service excellence
- Conduct pre-assignment of hotel rooms, which includes VIPS, repeat guests, all packages, and any special requests.
- Check-in and out hotel guests in a confident, professional, and friendly manner.
- Complete all items on appropriate (AM, PM) checklist by end of shift.
- Follow established key control policy.
- Ensures that you and the Front Desk team are well presented (uniforms, personal hygiene, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of the immediate area, services, attractions, and events and assist with Concierge services. Maintains current knowledge of Resort events, hours, policies, and procedures for effective communication.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Performs all other duties as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Contact with other departments such as Administration, Golf, Marketing, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Roads and Grounds, Restaurant, and Security is crucial to ensure that hotel and guest services are coordinated to provide the best in satisfaction.
- Create, maintain and ensure SOP is current and executed by the Front Desk team
- Manage Gift Shop inventory, sales, and procurement in alignment with input from Marketing and Operations
- Proficiency in POS, Email, MS Word/Excel, PDF, Reservation Software, Copy/Scan/Fax, staff scheduling, and phone system
- Familiarity with hotel, amenities, owners, and policies
- Customer Service Excellence
- Must abide by company policies, procedures, and guidelines
Minimum Required Skills & Competencies:
- 2+ years of Hospitality or Hotel experience
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Previous management experience
- Minimum of 2 years of consistent employment experience required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*Applicants are requested to apply through Indeed and complete the assessment tests for consideration. Phone calls, walk-ins, and social media applications are discouraged.