Please send any inquiries or resumes to Board president Dennis Uhler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alpine Lake Resort is a four-season, multi-amenity resort located just outside Terra Alta in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. Encompassing almost 2,000 acres of wooded land and thirty-five miles of paved roads, the resort offers dozens of natural and man-made amenities, including a variety of lodging accommodations, a restaurant, a 150-acre lake with boathouse and beach amenities, an 18-hole golf course, private homes, a lodge, hiking trails, and other amenities. The resort welcomes and serves visitors and guests year-round as well as its over 500 full and part-time residents.
Alpine Lake started in the late 1960s as “Mountaintop Vacationland”. It was later renamed Alpine Lake and greatly expanded. The Alpine Lake Property Owners Association, through a general manager, now manages all aspects of the community.
The resort is a well-regarded regional destination that provides a great place for employees to begin or continue a career in a beautiful, rejuvenating mountain environment just a few hours’ drive from Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Washington, DC. Alpine Lake Resort is truly a place where members, guests
and employees can come to “Live Their Dreams.”
Alpine Lake is seeking a General Manager to oversee its business operations and property owner needs.
The business consists of:
• Restaurant & Lounge
• A 35-room hotel
• 18 Hole Golf Course
• Cabin Rentals
• Special Events/Lake activities
The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly proficient hospitality professional with outstanding management skills, and extensive hands-on experience.
The successful candidate is a self-starter who possesses the ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships and communicate effectively with staff, business leadership, and property owner groups. It’s crucial for the candidate to possess the skills to analyze and resolve problems, use independent judgment, exhibit strategic vision, and deal successfully with the public.
The candidate must have the necessary skills to perform basic financial analysis, lead the business. operations budgetary process, understand billing, purchasing, and employee relations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The General Manager:
• Oversees and participates in the resort operations of the resort and ensures the operations quality.
• Establishes a 100% service first attitude among 50+ employees.
• Is accountable for the responsibilities of department heads and holds regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
• Leads all key property activities including capital projects, customer service initiatives,
refurbishment, and maintenance.
• Ensures all staff deliver excellent customer service and takes ownership of all guest complaints.
• Sets budget goals and takes responsibility for the preparation, presentation and subsequent
achievement of the resort’s (including residential components) annual Operating Budget, existing Marketing & Sales Plan, and Capital Budget.
• Manages on-going profitability of the resort, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are exceeded, while implementing cost savings initiatives.
• Ensures all decisions are made in the best interest of the resort and ownership.
• Sets short- and long-term strategic goals for the resort.
• Exhibits a strong understanding of financial statements as well as the ability to react with
impactful strategies to improve profitability and financial results.
• Oversees and takes responsibility for accurate and complete monthly financial reports for the
Treasurer and Board of Directors.
• Supports the procurement of operating supplies and equipment and contracts with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
• Serves as a final decision maker in hiring key staff.
• Manages and develops the Resort Leadership team to ensure career progression and
• Provides effective leadership to resort team members.
• Leads all aspects of business planning.
• Responds to external audits and performs internal audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
• Participates in new Customer and Property Owner acquisition.
• Develops strong sales prospects along with the sales & marketing team, assisting in residential
sales as necessary.
• Supports Property Owners’ events and activities as necessary.
• Ensures common areas, amenities, and roads of the Community are properly maintained.
• Ensures timely billing of Property Owner Assessments
• Facilitates the collections of delinquent Property Owner accounts.
Bachelor’s degree in business or hospitality management or work equivalent.
Exceptional leadership ability; lead by example and foster a thriving culture for all staff members to grow in their current and future roles.
Exemplary skills managing homeowner relationships.
A strategic and creative mindset that will foster “outside of the box” thinking and ideas.
Experience with budgets and forecasting; ability to decipher financial reporting. Solid background managing food & beverage, and event functions.
Dynamic interpersonal skills
Effective computer skills
Superior skills with MS Office suite including PowerPoint, MS Word, and Excel
Familiarity with QuickBooks is preferred
All full-time employees receive two weeks’ vacation per year, health and other insurance benefits. All employees receive discounts on meals and use of resort amenities for themselves and their household including the golf course, lake, pool, and fitness room.
Relocation and temporary housing assistance are available for the right candidate.