Salary: $12.00 /hour
Join the Alpine Lake family and be a part of our team! We pride ourselves on excellent service and a warm friendly atmosphere. Here at Alpine, we treat each employee, owner, and guest like we would a member of our own family and we measure our success by our customer experience.
We are looking for an ambitious Prep Cook and a person willing to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients clean-up and execution, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
A great prep cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be deft and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food, etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees, etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out the trash, etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Proven experience as a prep cook
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance
- A high school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset
Pay will be based on experience.
Part-time hours. 20 hours a week
Benefits of working at Alpine Lake
· Employees at Alpine Lake are extended access to all of the amenities available to our members.
• Growth: possible opportunities for advancement into a permanent position or full-time status
Related keywords: cook, line cook, restaurant, prep cook, line cook/prep cook, food service, hiring immediately
*Applicants are requested to apply through Indeed and complete the assessment tests for consideration. Phone calls, walk-ins, and social media applications are discouraged.